Position Details & Responsibilities
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Responsible for the coverage of a defined sales territory promoting the full product line to our target market. Perform the selling function regarding sales and rentals of all products represented by Komatsu Northeast.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Accountable all necessary paperwork (signed by the customer) required by the company.
- Sales Contracts
- Rental Contracts
- Demo/Loaner Contracts
- Plan and monitor all demonstrations of equipment, instructing the customer proper use and features and benefits.
- Responsible for all Trade Inspections for potential trade ins.
- Complete Territory Sales Plan on a yearly basis (K-Success)
- Responsible for attending local trade shows and industry functions
- Responsible for generating sales leads utilizing available reporting, i.e. UCC-filing, CIS Daily Leads Report and being resourceful.
- Complete all necessary product training (on line) as required by the manufacturers
- Report and update, on a weekly basis, on all potential transactions to sales administrator (CDK)
- Report all sales calls as required by management.
- The individual in this position should be personable, highly self- motivated, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to all of the forces around them – customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers, and manufacturers’ employees.
- It is extremely important that this individual have strong selling skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- College education is preferred
- 3-5 years of previous sales experience
- General skill requisites
- Strong selling skills
- Good personal motivation
- Good communications skills
- Good, safe work habits
- Specific skill requisites
- A good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong marketing understanding
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.