AGCO-Amity JV, LLC.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Based in Wahpeton, North Dakota, AGCO-Amity JV, LLC is a leading developer, manufacturer, and distributor of tillage and seeding equipment under the Amity, Wil-Rich, and Wishek brands. For more information, visit www.amitytech.com, www.wil-rich.com, or www.wishekmfg.com.
AGCO-Amity JV, LLC is accepting applications for a results-driven Technical Specialist to join our tillage and seeding leadership team. The Technical Specialist will be the point person for company and dealer technical questions, service training, and support of the company’s products. Focusing on the entire Customer’s Use Experience, the Technical Specialist is a key role to providing a differentiated product support experience for customers and dealers on a worldwide basis for our seeding and tillage products.
- Provides technical product support for dealer network and customers via phone, electronic or in-person.
- Conduct dealer and district sales-related product training
- Support dealers on customer field visit calls individually or with District Manager
- Assist District Manager and/or field service with special needs and critical machine operation issues
- Conduct components and equipment discussions with sales and service staff
- Assist hosting and conducting open houses with focus on interactions with end-users, directly help retail equipment with dealer personnel, and build dealer-manufacturer credibility
- Provide AGCO-Amity JV Marketing and Service with information pertaining to new products, product improvements, product enhancements, and future end-user requirements
- Support new products post launch for early detection of quality or performance issues.
- Provides the department with technical guidance on company warranty claims as needed.
- Creates and communicates with company and dealer service department’s necessary tools and equipment needed to support company machines.
- Creates and communicates service bulletins and knowledge important to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of solutions to provide easy access for dealers and customers.
- Works closely with Product Support Manager to schedule service department assistance with both dealer and customer direct issues.
- Represents our services, parts, and products to prospective customers by supporting trade shows and direct customer visits.
- Develop and maintain a relationship between key end-user customers, dealer, and company
- Understands and ensures adherence to corporate and customer data policies
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the company.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Agriculture, Ag Mechanization, Precision Agriculture, or similar field preferred.
- Two plus (2+) years of relevant agricultural equipment experience preferred.
- Ag Dealership experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge, such as might be acquired through engineering related studies or experience in maintaining farm or industrial equipment
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, address, and resolve challenges in a professional manner.
- Identifies complex problems, conducts root cause analysis and recommends solutions.
- Significant exposure to farm equipment, such as might be acquired through living on a farm or working with various types of farm equipment
- Working knowledge of ISO 11783 systems and ability to develop and assist in troubleshooting ISOBUS systems.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times, inside and outside the company with the ability to project a high degree of confidence and credibility to dealers and ultimate customers
- Able to gather and analyze relevant information and coordinate work with other team members.
- Contributes information and ideas to development of project plans.
- Ability to read, write and follow detailed technical instructions and interpret engineering specifications, materials or related documents.
- Work under little daily supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
- Excellent written communication and record keeping skills; along with excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to become proficient with internal MRP system.
- Strong analysis and judgement skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
TRAVEL Some overnight business travel, including international. Valid driver`s license required. Ability to obtain passport required…
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.