ASV Holdings, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily used in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a District Sales Manager in the Sales Department. This position will report directly to the National Sales Manager.
Develop and implement a selling plan, covering assigned accounts and territory, to attain orders received and key objectives established annually within defined budget and time requirements.
- Evaluates and ranks multiple prospects in the dealer selection process, makes recommendations to the National Sales Manager.
- Identifies and prioritizes open points, conducts market analysis and selects markets.
- Assist dealers in securing floor planning.
- Achieve wholesale, retail sales, and market share goals within the territory.
- Assists dealers in establishing wholesale and retail goals, creating market demand within their territories, proper stocking of product, and developing and implementing retail sales plans.
- Drives dealer profitability; encourages dealers to participate in all service schools, programs, and sales training opportunities.
- Assist in planning and participates in marketing shows, dealer shows, exhibits, and displays.
- Manages administrative reporting and analysis needed by management to monitor district.
- Promotes financially stable dealer network and reports and responds to dealer needs.
- Reports problems, status, and attitudes of the dealer network to management.
- Manages dealer profiles.
- Conducts product demos for prospective customers and dealers.
- Closely monitors competitive dealer and manufacturer activities within their territory.
- Manages discount levels and always works toward improving ASV’s margins.
- Makes sure customers are receiving access to parts personnel and other team members as needed.
- Organizes and plans sales for efficient and productive coverage by own initiatives as well as by utilization of company’s sales business tools (e.g. business plan, account profiles, etc.)
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote products and meet with key customers relative to progressing sales and associated business goals.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following all safety rules.
- Attainment of new order objectives for each product group represented through market and customer analysis, strong selling techniques, well planned sales calls, follow-up of sales leads, and well organized and efficient account development and maintenance.
- Always promotes positive ASV dealer relations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or similar field preferred.
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant experience.
- Dealership Management experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Able to gather and analyze relevant information, and coordinate work with other team members.
- Contributes information and ideas to development of project plans.
- Identifies complex problems and recommends solutions.
- Independent decision making skills.
- Functions independently within context of day-to-day activities.
- Influences how own work assignments are completed. Some creativity in accomplishing assignments and use of discretion and independent judgement required.
- Excellent written communication and record keeping skills; along with excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Proven experience in managing client relationships, and achieving quota and goals.
- Strong analysis and judgement skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, address, and resolve challenges in a professional manner. Proven problem solving skills.
Frequent business travel, including overnight. Valid driver`s license required.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.