Position Details & Responsibilities
Full responsibility for territory and customer accounts. Promote organization services and/or products to customers. Direct leads for appropriate follow-up. Plan, schedule and perform technical training for customers. Respond to unscheduled service calls. Meet with customers to work on outstanding issues, obtain feedback, and ensure proper site/account control. Work cross-functionally to resolve outstanding issues. Supervises and supports the Field Service Technician by providing technical training and guidance and managing performance. Will be required to travel with team as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
The Global Operating System Plays;
OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Linamar Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Linamar’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Linamar’s Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers in support of Skyjack products.
- Provide appropriate training for customer service to improve overall responsiveness and knowledge
- Provide critical technical support to all customers in support of Skyjack Products.
- Involved in recruiting and hiring Field Service Staff
- Training and development of Field service Staff
- Create training programs for new and existing products, including on-line training
- Performance Managment
- Complete weekly reports in a timely manner detailing tasks completed.
- Perform others tasks as assigned.
- Requires international travel.
- Typically requires a technical college diploma and ongoing related organization training and maintenance experience.
- Minimum one to three years customer service experience; aerial work platform industry experience strongly preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working as a Field Service Representative
- Leadership training and experience would be an asset.
- Read a wide variety of manuals for set-up and calibration, operating, repair, maintenance, testing and quality control procedures.
- Locate data in a variety of technical drawings. Ability to understand electric and hydraulic circuits/schematics.
- Evaluate severity of equipment faults and anomalies by considering nature of defects and effects they will have on equipment performance. Judge conditions of individual parts and devices and adequacy of repairs. Judge suitability of parts, components and modifications.
- Ability to verbally discuss electric and hydraulic circuits and schematics. Communicate with customers to promote products, learn about equipment faults, explain procedures, answer questions and address complaints. Exchange diagnostic and troubleshooting information with apprentices, co-workers, colleagues, supervisors and manufacturers' service representatives.
- Evaluate sets of data collected from trials and simulations to troubleshoot faults and assess equipment performance and the progression of faults and wear. Schedule repair and maintenance tasks to efficiently use time and meet deadlines.
- Perform service and repair tasks independently. May coordinate job tasks with apprentices and junior technicians to ensure timely completion of repairs and efficient use of resources such as diagnostic equipment and technicians' time.
- Ability to use communications software and have average computer software skills including Excel, Word and Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Continually update technical skills to maintain current knowledge of changing technology and repair procedures by speaking with supervisors, co-workers, colleagues and manufacturers and by reading service bulletins, marketing brochures, trade magazines and a variety of installation, maintenance and repair manuals.
- Ability to travel 75% and internationally