Position Details & Responsibilities
The Parts Supervisor is responsible for the performance of the local branch parts department - including operations, revenues, expenses, profitability, assets, budgeting and financial management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides input on staffing for local parts operations inclusive of assigning job responsibilities, productivity, quality and the overall work environment.
- Ensures a “team atmosphere” while maintaining a high degree of employee satisfaction and productivity while holding them accountable for their actions.
- Meets set objectives across the department that is aligned with our Corporate Mission and Value Statement.
- Works with Manager and Human Resources to ensure and monitor the Parts departments’ compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Performs mid-year and annual Performance Development Plans with all branch parts personnel.
- Works with Manager for point of sale merchandising opportunities in our Retail lobby.
- Works seamless with the Service Departments to provide the best Product Support available to our customers. Effectively support and communicate with parts and service department associates.
- Responsible for Parts logistics: transportation, vehicle maintenance, routes and various other associated duties including parts drops.
- Ability to correct problems as they arise consulting with co-workers or supervisor when necessary.
- Daily review of supplies necessary for operations and exercise proper ordering procedures
- Extensive understanding of DBS, SIS, ANTARES, SAP and other provided applications to expedite quality customer service.
- Review and validate parts are in usable and returnable condition for returns.
- Accurate and timely delivery of all parts ordered by internal and external customers.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Five years Parts experience - effectively performing required tasks in the Parts department including: inventory control / asset management.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values, ethics, honest, truthful and straightforward.
- Strong management skills, including motivating, change management, conflict resolution, performance enhancement, organizational, coordinating and project management skills.
- Proven experience and ability in the areas of parts distribution, human relations, training, and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
- Has the ability to think outside current circumstances, develop new and effective solutions and also recognizes unique opportunities.
- Able to generate ideas, brainstorm, and conceive multiple solutions.
- Excellent planning ability which ties corporate vision to all decisions.
- Maintains a current knowledge and appreciation of all parts functions while effectively delegating responsibility to others.
- Intermediate level PC skills, especially with MS Excel, SAP and Word preferred