Position Details & Responsibilities
Jesco is a John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership with an immediate need for Regional Service Manager for our Mid-Atlantic region. We are seeking a growth orientated heavy equipment service management professional who is ready to advance their career. This position is located in Baltimore, MD and will be responsible for managing five branch service locations throughout Delaware, Maryland and the Washington D.C. metro area. In this role you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and mentorship to your team to outperform industry standards and deliver bottom line results while providing exceptional customer service.
- Lead and motivate direct reports to achieve revenue and profitability targets, improve operational efficiencies and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of the annual service operating budget and accountability to meet or exceed growth and profit objectives.
- Create and define business growth opportunities to grow service department revenue and achieve financial objectives.
- Establish goals and metrics for direct reports and monitor progress towards achievement of objectives.
- Identify and implement processes to improve operational efficiencies, reduce expenses and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all branch service operations are provided the tools and needed training to proficiently service our customers and perform their jobs in a healthy and safe work environment.
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports as well as providing recommendations for merit based wage increases for entire department staff members.
- Provide on-going coaching, mentoring and development of staff to meet the needs of our customers and future business and growth opportunities.
- Lead all hiring activities for service for service department operations staff including technician recruiting at technical schools and colleges.
- Work closely with the Product Support Sales Manager to develop marketing initiatives and programs to increase product support revenue.
- Collaborate with peers and other department members to identify and implement opportunities to grow profitable revenue and resolve any customer at risk.
- Ensure that all service operations are operating in accordance with company policies and procedures, quality assurance and customer communication standards.
- Regularly interact and build strong relationships with key customers and prospects to understand customer challenges and trends and identify opportunities to capture incremental revenue, solve customers problems or improve customer experience with all JESCO operating areas.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, MSHA, and other industry regulations as well as all company safety regulations and policies.
- At least 10 years of Supervisor/Management experience in the heavy equipment industry, or closely related field.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong working knowledge of dealer service operating systems.
- Ability to work with all levels of individuals and management throughout the organization.
- Customer led.
- Team Player