Position Details & Responsibilities
Cooper Equipment Company is looking to hire an experienced outside territory sales candidate to cover the South-Central TX region (Bexar and surrounding counties). Cooper Equipment, since 1959, is a full-service dealership dedicated almost exclusively to the road-building industry including highway and paving contractors, as well as, city and county public works departments. This allows us to represent many top-of-the-line manufacturers and the ability to have very educated sales and service/parts departments. For more information, please visit www.cooperequip.com
- Market equipment to meet the needs of our customers.
Typical Job Duties:
- Service existing accounts obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule.
- Submit quotes to customers by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Generate rentals with current and potential customers.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information.
- Help resolve customer concerns by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in industry associations.
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contribute to team effort by assisting and promoting all departments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Microsoft Office, and Construction Background.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of proven outside sales success.
- Must have a previous experience in industrial, construction or heavy equipment retail or rental sales
- Experience in high dollar capital equipment sales will be considered.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.