East Coast Equipment, LLC
Position Details & Responsibilities
Performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealerowned
agricultural and turf equipment in the field. May require some direction or guidance
from the Service Manager or senior technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and
established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products in the field.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of
skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned
- Works with Corporate Technical Service Manager to coordinate service technician
training and certifications.
- Promotes customer loyalty and goodwill and protects positive dealership image.
- Follows up with customers on repairs to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and
equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair
of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Fork lift license preferred.
- Noise levels: Medium to high.
- Weight requirements: Lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Mobility: Squatting, bending, climbing, lifting, reaching, twisting, standing and sitting for
long durations of time.
- Visual: Working with a personal computer, manuals and close detailed work.
- Driving: Daily; short and long distances.
- Work environment: Exposure to extreme weather, fumes, airborne particles and
moving mechanical parts.
- Dexterity: Ability to grasp and manipulate parts and tools.