Flint Construction and Forestry
Position Details & Responsibilities
This individual will build strong customer relationships through the demo, sale, and support of John Deere WorkSight equipment, applications, and software. There will be a strong emphasis on sales activities, support, and training for our Deere SmartGrade machines and IGC machines, as well as direct sales and support for our Kespry UAV mapping drone product. This individual will be the main channel between the New Equipment Sales Representatives and customers regarding all WorkSight products and service offerings. They will help Flint succeed by gaining new customers and promoting repeat business by consistently providing a high-quality sales and service experience. The area of responsibility includes Flint Equipment territory in South Carolina and the coastal area of Georgia. This position requires travel and overnight stays (4-6 nights a month) to customers and stores within this region to maximize coverage in the territory.
Specific Duties Include:
- Work with sales team to identify demo, sales, and rent opportunities through the use of all WorkSight products and services
- Conduct customer one on one and group demo and training events for all WorkSight products, particularly SmartGrade machines, GPS Systems, JD Link, and Kespry UAV mapping drones
- Work with Sales Team, Customer Support Advisors, and Service team to promote and support JD Link, Machine Health & Monitoring, Remote Diagnostics & Programming, and Payload Weighing, and all other WorkSight products
- Promote, demonstrate, and support TimberNavi products for the forestry market
- Have a clear understanding of the activities and applications that take place on construction and logging job sites
- Operate GPS Systems, SmartGrade and IGC machines, JD Link resources, TimberNavi system, and the Kespry mapping drone system for training and demo events
- Perform onsite service, installations and product support across the area of responsibility
- Coordinate with aftermarket providers for installation and support of customer machines
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot WorkSight products for external and internal customers
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all WorkSight equipment products, including a monthly inventory of all assets
- Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership's area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all WorkSight equipment sold within the dealership's area of responsibility.
- Utilize internal tools for documentation of customer profile information and logging of all customer activity.
- Address customer concerns and furnish timely remedies to effectively and satisfactorily resolve the specific issue(s).
- Provide technology updates and solutions to customers and internal team.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Execute all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Vocation or technical degree, equivalent work experience, or training in grade control
- Survey and/or grade checking experience is preferred
- Construction and forestry equipment operation experience is a plus
- 3D modeling experience a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills