Become part of our confidential candidate network and start your job search today!
Post your job listings to gain access to our extensive candidate network.
Truck dealership seeking technicians to perform maintenance and repair on various types of mobile equipment in shop or on public roadways as necessary, based in the New Bern, NC area.
• Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks, heavy construction equipment and passenger vehicles
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
• Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
• Rebuild or fabricate parts as needed
• Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
• Coordinate with location supervisor and review Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR`s), to prioritize work accordingly
• Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program
• Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
• Order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts
• Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
• May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment
• Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; completion of diesel mechanic school preferred
Experience: Minimum two (2) years` experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry preferred
License: Valid Class "A" or Class "B" commercial driver`s license would be helpful
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of engine repair, driveline components and hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics systems.
• Must be knowledgeable in principles of welding, sandblasting, and spray painting.
• Must have CDL and be DOT qualified.
• Must be able to operate a ready-mix concrete truck.
Not what you're looking for?