Sonsray Machinery, LLC
Position Details & Responsibilities
About the Company:
Sonsray Machinery LLC. operates 13 CASE construction equipment dealerships located in California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington. Sonsray Machinery LLC. Provides comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support, including rental and leasing programs for Case customers. Sonsray Machinery LLC. is a growing dynamic company offering a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance.
Sonsray Machinery is currently seeking an experienced and professional Service Manager to join our San Leandro California dealership.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
- Develops and follows an annual service budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational goals.
- Recruits and hires service personnel and develops and retains key talent through individual development plans.
- Coordinates recruiting of new talent utilizing local Technical schools programs.
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal.
- Ensures that all manufacturer warranty and Product Improvement Program (PIP) claims are completed and filed in a timely manner according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Monitors warranty expense and recovery rates to meet company objectives.
- Responsible for our facility inspections, safety meetings, and coordinating the annual safety inspections.
- Schedules and assigns job and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- Work with Store Manager on maintaining building and yard facility.
- Coordinates dealership training program and service-related customer clinics.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times, inside and outside the dealership.
- Monitors metrics on a monthly basis to assure achievement of departmental goals.
- Introducing our line of service and product to prospective customers by making cold calls and visits.
- Maintain and develop current customer relationships.
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in management and service department operations or related field.
- Heavy construction equipment is required to be considered for this position.
- Familiar with Case and competitive products.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internet functions.
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
Benefit package includes competitive salary, bonus, 401k matching, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Paid vacation, sick, and holidays.