Hunting Energy Services, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Hunting Energy Services, Inc. - Trenchless Division is a premier manufacturer of CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT HDD drill stem, down hole tooling and mud motors. We are seeking a Chicago based Outside Sales Representative to focus our product sales efforts in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri and Western Canada.
This position will be responsible for developing dealer distribution for Hunting products, relationships with customers and growing accounts through the presentation and selling of Hunting Trenchless products. A significant portion (>50%) of the time will be spent on identifying, qualifying and generating new business through developed leads and cold calling.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting current and prospective distributors and/or end users at their places of business and job sites to significantly grow sales for Hunting Trenchless products in the assigned territory.
- Work with dealers/distributors to maintain appropriate stock levels in order to serve the customer more efficiently.
- Identifying and closing sales opportunities by prospecting, visiting prospects, identifying needs, explaining product details, initiating quotations, following up on quotations and closing the deal.
- Taking the lead in resolving customer problems and building long term customer relationships.
- Maintaining a current, up to date, customer database and issuing regular sales reports.
- A college degree and a minimum of three years of experience in outside product sales in the construction equipment business (HDD experience preferred).
- A working knowledge of the construction equipment horizontal directional drilling industry and practices.
- A demonstrated ability to differentiate high quality, higher priced products in a commodity market environment.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish is preferred
- A strong mechanical aptitude.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently with little day-to-day supervision and maintain focus on the goal of continuously growing revenue and the customer base.
- A current driver’s license and the ability to meet the requirements of Hunting Trenchless’ policies is a requirement for continued employment.
- This position will require the successful candidate to be on the road 4 – 5 days a week. In addition, this position will require overnight stays several times a month (typically out 3 to 4 days at a time) to properly cover the assigned territory.
- Computer proficiency with email, the Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- This position is subject to random drug screening.
- Timely (weekly) preparation and submission of expense reports.
- This position requires that the person lives in the assigned territory.
Base salary plus commission on products sold into the territory. Benefits to include:
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance