Become part of our confidential candidate network and start your job search today!
Post your job listings to gain access to our extensive candidate network.
This is an opportunity to join one of southern California’s leading General Engineering Contractors. Founded in 1964, C. A. Rasmussen, Inc. builds some of the most complex and noteworthy transportation and infrastructure projects in the region. At C. A. Rasmussen, Inc., we believe that our people are our greatest asset. The company is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining future generations of leaders.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and management of company equipment including supervising the activities of all employees engaged in repairing and maintaining equipment to ensure company assets are preserved and work schedules are met.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• High School Diploma required
• Some college preferred
• Minimum of 3+ years experience in the management of construction equipment maintenance and staff, preferably heavy equipment and commercial trucks.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Strong supervisory skills and leadership ability.
• Practical knowledge of the function, operation and maintenance of construction equipment and/or education & experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
• General knowledge of construction practices (excavating, grading, paving, etc.)
• Expert computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling software and familiarity with accounting/financial software.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by The Rasmussen Way Values on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
• Team player
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Not what you're looking for?