Position Details & Responsibilities
Parts & Service Sales Representative
MH Equipment is an authorized Hyster and Yale lift truck and forklift dealer that provides top quality material handling equipment to meet our customers' needs. We sell a broad selection of Hyster forklifts and Yale truck lifts that will fulfill any job specification as well as a terrific array of other new and used material handling equipment. We are an annual Hyster "Dealer of Distinction" award winner. We give back to the communities we do business in through the His First Foundation, which contributes 10% of our annual income to charitable endeavors that our employees are involved with. Being a member of the MH Equipment family means being part of a fast-growing company that offers daily opportunities to learn and succeed. Our focus and culture are centered on our beliefs that people matter, passion inspires and purpose unites.
If you’re talented in industrial sales and want career satisfaction with a financially stable company, it’s time to join MH Equipment!
A leader in the material handling industry, we are seeking an outgoing and driven Parts & Service Sales Representative to join our dynamic sales force. In this exciting career opportunity, you will be utilizing your people skills to initiate and maintain strong customer relationships and increase sales.
As a member of our team you will enjoy:
- Competitive base commission
- Generous benefits package
- Monthly auto allowance for travel expenditures
- Company provided cell phone and laptop
- Additional commission and bonuses
As a Parts & Service Sales Representative, you will use your own vehicle to travel to planned, regular locations throughout your territory.
You will recognize customer needs, deliver appropriate solutions to increase their productivity while decreasing their costs, and resolve any issues to ensure that customers are satisfied.
Additional Responsibilities of the Parts & Service Sales Representative:
- Identifying target prospects and creating strategic action plans to turn prospects into customers
- Achieving gross profit objectives
- Performing product demonstrations
- Assisting customers with product application surveys and changeover needs
- Managing all custom programs installed for customers such as fleet management programs
- Following up on all internally and externally sourced leads
- Performing networking and prospecting tasks of your own
- Obtain, maintain and optimize Customer relations through planned and regular sales visits and communications
- Perform audits of customers’ fleets and make appropriate recommendations
- Maintain Customer information files and notes with periodic review with management
- Participate with product promotions external and internal sources
- Promote sales of catalogue and allied products
- Promote operator and technical training
- Sell periodic and full maintenance contracts
- Resolve any Customer issues, problems or complaints to satisfy the Customer
- Support account terms and assist in account collection if required
- Participate in determination of any credits and/or returns
- Enhance vendor relations by supporting programs and working with their representatives
- Attend and participate in all sales or Company meetings
- Participate in Company sponsored training sessions for enhancing selling skills and technical knowledge
- Produce periodic budgets, plans of action, summaries and other reports or lists as necessary
- Communicate regularly with inside sales personnel and management
- Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation
- Follow Company policies and procedures
- Pursue increasing knowledge of the Territory and Competitors
- Perform other duties as assigned
As a Parts & Service Representative with MH Equipment, you must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, a strong sense of integrity and superb organizational and time management skills. You must be competent in territory management, be able to organize a sales strategy and possess great presentation skills. You must also be a self-starter and problem-solver who keeps the customers’ best interests at heart.
Additional Requirements for the Parts & Service Representative include:
- Great interpersonal skills – Displays honesty, ethics and integrity at all times
- Ability to organize a selling plan and exhibit time management skills
- Competency in time and territory management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) usage an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web searches, etc.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job
- Must have prompt and regular attendance
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and dependable vehicle
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Computer literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- 2+ years of experience with material handling industry
- Associate College Degree or higher preferred
At MH Equipment, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer a competitive base commission, a generous benefits package and a positive work environment that recognizes integrity, inspires passion, and enables personal growth.
We provide ongoing equipment and sales training, and for the right candidate there are many opportunities to move up within the company.
Additional Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match up to 50%
- Pre-tax flexible spending account for healthcare expenses
- Life and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 8 hours per year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial assistance for adoptions
- Holiday, vacation, personal and sick days
- Travel assistance
- Designated corporate charities
MH Equipment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.