Power Equipment Company
Position Details & Responsibilities
Since 1936 Power Equipment Company (PECO) has been a distributor of heavy construction and aggregate equipment serving the construction, mining and aggregate industries in multiple locations. PECO is looking for an experienced Sales Representative based out of Grand Junction, CO. All locations provide equipment rentals and sales as well as complete parts and service support for all of our product lines. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and are dedicated to supporting your equipment now and in the future in order to guarantee your success.
The Sales Representative position offers salary and a great commission plan, benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match and paid time off!
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Secures orders, conducts surveys of assigned territory, studies product population; locates new prospects and determines prospect`s needs.
- Plans sales calls, makes presentations, points out the benefits of the equipment and emphasizes the advantages of dealing with Power Equipment Company.
- Helps customers solve equipment needs issues, provides technical assistance as needed, assists in making job estimates, keeps customer up to date on new developments and the latest equipment upgrades.
- Keeps informed on new contracts and opportunities; settles complaints, establishes and maintains personal relations with customers; assists at exhibits, demonstrations and meetings.
- Keeps familiar with new products developed by our equipment manufactures and our competition manufactures.
- Maintains a system for keeping literature, brochures, price sheets, etc., neat and up to date; informs customers regarding catalog and price changes; studies financing arrangements.
- Maintains records of calls, makes reports as required, works according to plan, follows up on all leads, contract lettings and inquires; controls travel, telephone and entertainment expenses.
- Maintains required communications; advises superiors of all changes in his territory which can effect company success; cooperates with other company personnel.
- Maintains a high degree of sales professionalism through study and attendance at meetings and association activities where improvement programs are offered.
- Sees that equipment is correctly delivered and meets all of the conditions of the sale; takes action to render prompt service in case of any deficiencies.
- Works closely with credit manager respective to the condition of customer accounts, obtains certificates of insurance from customer, and addresses account aging issues when needed.
- 3+ years` sales experience, compact equipment experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Must have the ability to demonstrate communication and organizational skills
- Proficient utilizing computers with Microsoft products including utilization of Smartphones and iPad
- This position is exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, electrical systems, hazardous materials, fumes, airborne particles and moderate noise levels
- Appropriate PPE gear must be worn as required
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have valid Driver`s License, clean MVR, and clean background screen
Power Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer