Valley Bobcat Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Rental Coordinators are sometimes compared to air traffic controllers at the airport - as the rental counter is the "epicenter" of the business. They perform multiple tasks simultaneously (answering the phone, waiting on walk-in customers, working with delivery drivers, service mechanics, and being involved literally in every transaction). This job requires a good memory, product knowledge, excellent customer relation skills and good organizational capabilities. We are looking for someone working in a similar role from the industry, who has experience working in a fast paced and customer oriented environment.
Customers value rental organizations that understand their needs, and provide answers in a polite, timely fashion. Rental Coordinators who are able to develop a solid trusting relationship with a customer, create a block to competition that is difficult to overcome. Successful Rental Coordinators are those that can multi-task while serving customers. Reports to Rental Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives all incoming calls - capturing critical customer information and recording the
detail information whether a rental takes place or not.
- Organizes product information conveniently, including rental rates, for easy access
while working with customer inquiries.
- Is responsible for all rental reservations and rental agreements and assists in the
Selection of "rent ready" equipment for each transaction.
- Coordinates and dispatches rental deliveries and pick-ups.
- Documents all "lost rental opportunities" whatever the reason.
- Arranges the store inventory to promote merchandise sales.
- Closes all rental agreements, creating invoices daily for review by the Rental
Manager before sending.
- Assures that Yard Person is tagging rental equipment "rental ready" and using a
rental condition and delivery report (with customer signature when possible).
Medical & life Insurance, 401k, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.
- Good communications skills are essential to be successful in this position.
- Discusses customer needs, suggesting the most suitable and safe equipment for the
- Works closely with Rental Application Specialist and Sales Representatives to ~ensure
- Is a source of information to customers about related equipment and services
Available in the local market area:
- Promotes add-on sales and merchandise items for the rental department.
- Asks questions about delivery conditions such as dock heights, narrow streets, etc.
- Notifies customer immediately if there are any delivery delays.
- Follows up on all overdue rental
- Understands usage and applications of all rental equipment and services offered.
- Must have thorough knowledge of "common" equipment failure problems and how to
- Must recognize differences between similar products and the advantages /
disadvantages .of particular appli
- Must have a working knowledge of construction phases to properly advise
- Computer knowledge/skills
- Good organization skills
- Microsoft word/excel
- Excellent people skills
- Previous Rental Coordinator experience required
- We also require our rental coordinators to have or are willing to get a Class A California Driver’s License