Position Details & Responsibilities
WIRTGEN AMERICA is a member of the WIRTGEN GROUP, an internationally operating group of companies in the construction machinery sector incorporating the traditional product brands: WIRTGEN, VÖGELE, HAMM, KLEEMANN and BENNINGHOVEN with their brand headquarters in Germany and local production plants in Brazil, China and India. In 2017 the WIRTGEN GROUP generated consolidated sales of 3 billion euros. Presently the WIRTGEN GROUP employs 8,200 people.
We are currently searching for a Technical Sales Manager to be based out of the Southwest region of the United States (CA, NV, UT, AZ). The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience with mobile/tracked crushing and screening equipment and familiarity of quarry, recycling and mining plant systems. The Technical Sales Manager position requires travel up to 70% of the time to successfully engage the network of equipment dealers and customers. This is an excellent opportunity to become a part of a growing company and dynamic team focused on excellent service and continuous improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and training the dealer network within the specified sales territory. The candidate should be skilled and comfortable presenting to groups and demonstrating product knowledge and industry experience when educating the existing or new sales team.
- Provide technical crushing (jaw, impact and cone) and screening sales assistance to the dealer and sales team. Product knowledge is essential as the candidate will be required to specify, design and assist in recommending the required equipment for the customer.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Guides the Wirtgen America comprehensive support for tasks and product related questions.
- Recommends specific standard or modified equipment best suited for customer's use.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
Work Experience / Related Education
- 2 years of mobile crushing and screening experience
- Knowledge of aggregates, mining and mineral machines/industry
- Presentation and group facilitation skills
- Sales experience with contractors and municipalities
- MSHA certification
In addition to our high quality, state of the art technology and market-leading machines, Wirtgen America provides an outstanding benefits package for its team.
- We offer traditional medical insurance (PPO) as well as a high-deductible plan (HDHP) while contributing a large percentage toward the overall cost to keep our plans affordable for the team. Coverage is offered to individuals and immediate family members.
- Wirtgen America also provides vision and dental coverage. These benefits are also very affordable and round out the health benefit offering for its team members and their families.
- The company offers at no cost to its team, a Short-term Disability benefit in the event someone is not able to work due to illness or injury. We also offer an optional Long-Term disability benefit to provide our team financial well-being if they are not able to work for a longer period.
- Other great benefits include a $50,000 basic life insurance plan for the team member and optional additional coverage for spouse and children.
- After 6 months of service, team members can participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Paid Time Off
- Wirtgen America offers paid vacation, paid holiday and accrued sick time to use when you are away from work.
Professional Development / Education
- Many of our team members take advantage of the annual Tuition Reimbursement program while they participate in work-related or professional development courses.