Bay Shore Systems, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
CHIEF SALES OFFICER
SALES, MARKETING, SERVICE DEPARTMENTS
The Chief Sales Officer (CSO) will collaborate with the President in establishing and recommending a balance between ambitious and realistic sales goals for the company. The CSO is key in helping to grow an international presence and increase domestic market share while finding new products to further diversify the company. Position requires a creative thinker who can apply their skills to the sales process, prospecting, and marketing responsibilities while improving the entire customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform sales activities on major accounts and collaborate with the President on negotiating sales prices and discounts.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, training, direction, organization, and control of Salespersons, Marketing and Service Managers.
- Forecast weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams and department expenses.
- Collaborate with the President, CFO and COO on product lines’ price list formation and/or its timely update
- Collaborate with the President to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines and market segments.
- Collaborate with the President and the CFO to establish and control budgets for sales promotion, marketing, and trade show expenses.
- Collaborate with the COO to ensure the smooth transition from sale, to build, to delivery.
- Develop specific plans to ensure revenue growth in company’s product and services
- Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
- Work with the President and HR to formulate all sales, marketing, and service policies, practices, and procedures.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Work with Marketing Manager to ensure consistent lead generation and brand awareness.
- Work with Service Manager to lower the “down time” of current customers and continue to make the customer say “wow”.
- Represent the company at trade association conventions and other trade shows.
- Travel with direct reports at least once per year.
- Travel up to 16 weeks per year.
- Manage the Sales, Marketing, and Service teams and their activities.
Sales, Marketing, and Service teams
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related area is preferred with a minimum of 10 years of related experience or training in construction, foundation drilling, or similar large capital equipment sector; Equivalent experience and training can be substituted for education.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead various teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Honest, trustworthy attitude.
- Strong commitment to accuracy and thoroughness in product.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Understanding of the process to manufacture heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license and passport
This position does not require a high level of physical flexibility or strength, but does require the ability to: see and assess drawings, photos, and written instructions; audibly hear verbal instructions and mechanical signals; and speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, equipment, hot materials, moderate to extreme noise, fumes, and airborne particles.
- Must agree to wear any and all necessary personal protective equipment to include:
- Eye protection required to reduce risk of injury.
- Approved footwear required.
- Ear protection is required.
- Other PPE as necessary to perform duties
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.