Position Details & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the General Service Manager, this position exits to assure quality service repairs and processes by enforcing quality standards; supervising staff.
- Identifies current and future customer support programs, provides assistance with equipment commissioning and ensures responsive service calls by establishing rapport with customers, management, technical personnel, technicians and other persons in a position to understand servicing.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual service department budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions, providing information for profit meetings.
- Maintains service staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensures production operations by determining work priorities, scheduling overhauls and repairs, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe a clean working environment.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent is required with five to seven years’ experience providing service advising support.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical curriculum will be considered with a minimum of three years’ of experience in a similar role at a management level.
- Must have good communication skills and proper business etiquette.
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines
- Must have good working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Drivers’ License with a good driving record.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment.