Edney Distributing Co., INC.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Edney Distributing Company, Inc. is a 4th generation family-run, employee-owned wholesale distributor of high-quality equipment focusing on the following markets: agricultural, lawn and turf maintenance, forestry, and light industrial whole goods and parts.
We are excited to announce an immediate opening for an Inside Technical Sales Representative. This role can be based at either our Fargo, ND or Lakeville, MN location. If you have a passion for helping customers and a strong background in agricultural, lawn & turf, forestry, and/or light industrial equipment, we would love to speak with you!
Our team members enjoy competitive compensation package including: Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP),401(K) Plan, health & life insurance and disability, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform these essential duties in a satisfactory manner:
- Develop, solicit and close new accounts, generate sales quotations, and handle customer inquiries.
- Work closely with team members in the field including territory managers.
- Generate freight quotes and arrange shipping for orders.
- Maintaining existing client relationships, primarily using the phone and email.
- Communicate clearly the Company’s product offerings and advise the client on the most suitable product solution.
- Use the time management and task organization tools (CRM & notification emails) to ensure that no deal “slips through the cracks”.
- Occasionally assist Territory Managers with all aspects of equipment shows including planning, setup, and tear down.
- Place orders for parts and whole goods with suppliers.
- Background in agricultural, lawn & turf, forestry, and/or light industrial equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but relevant experience will be considered.
- Valid Driver’s License and current forklift certification preferred.
- Willingness to assist in other parts of the business as needed (warehouse/shipping and receiving).
- Minimally two (2) years of inside sales/account management experience
- To be dependable, hard-working, consistent and punctual.
- Skilled in the use of CRM tools.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Resourcefulness and creativity, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Above-average communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs occasionally.