Illinois Truck & Equipment
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Outside Salesman is responsible for coordination of rentals in their assigned area. Responsibilities include selling and renting new and used equipment to maximize utilization and profitability, while ensuring that the jobs expectations are consistently and satisfactorily met. The Outside Salesman gathers information and answers questions regarding equipment availability and specifications. They have a close working relationship with the inside rental coordinators.
- Must have previous outside rental or retail sales experience.
- Must be people-oriented, aggressive, sales driven, and a team player.
- Must be exceptionally self-disciplined.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance at all times.
- Must be able to build prospects and business relationships.
- Cold-calling and jobsite calls are required.
- Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers.
- Qualify customer’s needs with rental equipment availability; assist in educating customers on equipment specifications, safety concerns and proper use of the equipment
- Acquire required information needed for credit department to approve payment terms
- Coordinate with service department to arrange rental ready status of the fleet; communicate with transportation department for rental deliveries and call offs
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge of construction processes and equipment
- Good communication and problem-solving skills, including conflict resolution
- Knowledge of basic equipment specifications
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and work independently.
- Good analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of inventory control functions
- Comprehensive safety knowledge as it relates to the equipment industry
- Computer/data entry skills (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- High School Diploma or a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Paid Holidays