Vermeer Texas – Louisiana
Position Details & Responsibilities
Vermeer Texas – Louisiana is the authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Texas and South Louisiana with twelve branch locations, a corporate office and rebuild facility across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction and mining industries. For more information about Vermeer Texas – Louisiana log on to www.vermeertexas.com.
The Parts Manager oversees and manages telephone sales, in-store counter sales, inventory, purchasing, warehouse, shipping and receiving, and parts department employees. Plans, directs, and controls all activities related to parts and associated costs, while mindful of potential over growth, profit objectives and customer satisfaction. Communicates regularly with factory, customers, and all branch personnel to ensure exceptional customer service and expectations in the areas of product support.
- Increases the branch’s total revenue and profits, with streamlined branch operations through efficiency, reduction of waste, and reduction in costs, enhanced parts ordering processes, telephone sales, instore merchandising and inventory management
- Develops sales and expense budgets and forecasts capital expenditures
- Establishes and implements short and long term achievable and quantifiable goals/objectives which include financial objectives, marketing, budgets and employee retention
- Utilizes business systems and reporting to analyze maximum implementation of growth opportunities and controls
- Manages purchasing and expediting of parts materials, warehousing and storage systems, shipping and receiving, safety programs in materials handling and vehicles
- Streamlines pick-up and delivery functions, parts processes and inventory, stays abreast of market trends, competition, and analyzes complimentary products and applications
- Communicates parts warranty information, parts issues, safety issues, and other essential information to customers and may escalate as necessary
- Determines parts sales methodologies, educational & training for newly hired employees and inventory control methods
- Develops employees, encourages all aspects of employee career growth, testing, certification and manufacturer training events. Conducts meetings to communicate Company information, provide guidance and direction to ensure customer satisfaction, share competitor and market penetration information and status of profit goals
- Represents the Company at factory, industry and company events, including meetings and training
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training/certification
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience in parts operations and/or parts sales at the supervisory or management level preferred
- Safe work habits, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt quickly to people and changing environments - customers, suppliers, department employees, Vermeer colleagues and manufacturer's employees.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, pricing principles and discounting techniques.
- Solid inventory management skills, sales techniques and methodologies, systems and product knowledge, warehouse storage systems and storage layout principles.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working environment can be moderate to high.
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat and clean
- Certain positions require a valid driver's license and ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; the Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive rental vehicles during the course of conducting company business