Sakai America, Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
Sales Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of product, equipment, and service.
Sales Engineer Job Duties:
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establish new accounts and service accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sale engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Sales Engineering Skills and Qualifications:
Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programing Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation.
- Under sales initiative, contact customers and identify gaps & needs.
- Conduct technical sales program in whole sales process and execute it toward closing.
- Provide product evaluation, competitive analysis and motivate the customers until closing.
Feedback and Value Evaluation
- Correct product feedback from customers and DM and furnish response to them.
- Evaluate the feedback and enhance it to product improvement or development.
- Provide competitive analysis and evaluate value proposition of Sakai products.
Technical Education Internally and Externally
- Provide deliverables on technical education for internal and external use.
- Program technical approach including machine demonstration in sales funnel or upon request by customer.
- Execute the machine demonstration.
Communicate to HQ
- Correct product feedback from customers and DM and obtain reply from HQ engineering team.
- Bridge product improvement request to HQ engineering team.
- Communicate to customer and decide spec-in for product improvement or development.
- Analyze character of market, study competitive analysis and come up with mid/long-term technical sales strategy.
- Provide dealers with technical education and sales strategy.
- Provide technical and competitive education to DM and ensure that DM completes their responsibility.
- Create deliverables of technical education for internal and external use.
- Facilitate communication to HQ on technical matter and meet customer’s requirements or enhance to product improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- A minimum of five yearrs experience selling and/or distribution of paving construction equipment. In addition, requires five yrs office and job site experience with machines; willingness to travel extensively (at least twice a month); a can do attitude, team and leadership qualities; high motivation.
- Knowledge of earthmoving equipment management, repair and maintenance, combustion engine theory and repair, power transfer systems theory and repair, power transfer system theory and repair earth science and geology, industrial machinery, computer science, economics, and accounting and finance are helpful.
- Ability to communicate fluently as follows: Ability to analyzes, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedure manuals and technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Experience with working for Asphalt and/or Dirt and/or General Contractors
- Experience presenting and/or speaking in front of audiences, — communication skill (written & oral)
- Use of Microsoft Office Program
- Experience with 5S training