Position Details & Responsibilities
Job Duties Summary: Provide supervision and leadership to department members. Plan, direct and implement an effective parts program to the highest industry standards and to the satisfaction of our customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties as assigned
- Develop and implement programs for sales and inventory of all parts.
- Oversee the performance of department employees to obtain efficiency on all work performed by the department. Actively manage and approve all lunch breaks, overtime, vacations, unpaid leave, and other staffing requirements so that the department runs efficiently.
- Maintain maximum profits for the department in accordance with mutually determined goals.
- Exercise appropriate expense control.
- Work with shop foreman, rental manager and service manager (if applicable) to organize, prioritize and inform all parties of parts ordered and in transit soon as possible.
- Coordinate with the CSS Sales Department no less than weekly, regarding the need for parts in connection with expected in-shop repairs.
- Meet personally with the service manager no less than once per week to discuss upcoming requirements, and ensure a timely and profitable flow of parts.
- Meet with the parts staff no less than one monthly to assign duties, review progress, set goals, address problems, and maintain communication within the departments.
- Communicate with customers directly, and through your staff as needed to maintain exemplary customer service.
- Prepare written quotes as needed for the CSS sales department and all customers.
- Track all lost sales when possible.
- Oversee and mane the sales of parts over the counter and through equipment sales and CSS sales departments, including periodic customer visits with salesman.
- Maintain prudent inventory levels consistent with annual inventory turn ratios and stock to emergency ratios.
- Manage and maintain all work in process. Close all received orders as soon as possible.
- Manage and maintain the will call parts area to insure parts do not remain in will call for over 14 days from receipt.
- Ensure that all price files and part number changes are up to date, accurate, and consistently maintained in the system.
- Insure that hardware charges are properly applied to all service tags where hardware was utilized.
- Plan, prepare, manage and execute one full annual physical inventory each year immediately after the completion of harvest (November or December). Include all customer based consignment inventories.
- Oversee the safety programs for the department, including but not limited to meetings, documentation, hazard correction, accident investigation, and compliance with all OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Supervise preparation of required documentation; including but not limited to, part orders, purchase orders, vendor invoices and management reports. All completed repair orders, purchase orders submitted for parts approval must be returned and approved in 24 hours.
- Coordinate that all department employees have the proper documentation including up to catalogs, pricing lists, schematics, software and other tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Provide training to new employees as necessary; including but not limited to safety programs, instruction manuals, software programs, and equipment features.
- Actively manage the return of incorrect parts, to ensure that all credits for returned parts are received and processed.
- Actively manage dead stock through the use of all available annual returns, special pricing, and inter-dealers sales.
- Ensure that van stock is replenished DAILY.
- Interview, hire and terminate department personnel under the direction of the Store Manager and Human Resource Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Some college coursework preferred
- Intermediate Computer Skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Technical knowledge and understanding commensurate with a journeyman level technician.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Interpersonal and written communication skills necessary
- Ability to mediate and solve problems
- Willingness and ability to create results using a team environment