Become part of our confidential candidate network and start your job search today!
Post your job listings to gain access to our extensive candidate network.
Location Suffolk, VA
Lawrence Companies, Inc., headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, is a 100% employee-owned service-based business with over 400 employees and 150 independent contractors focused on four primary business divisions: Household Goods Moving and Storage, Truckload and Flatbed Freight, Case Dealership, and Truck Bodies. Our Case Dealership joined the Lawrence family of businesses in 2003, under the name of Lawrence Equipment. Now there 6 locations Case locations in Virginia including Roanoke, Waynesboro, Bridgewater, Suffolk, and Ashland. Offering Construction and Agricultural equipment, our Case division continues to grow.
In all of its business divisions Lawrence has developed an outstanding reputation for speed, reliability, quality of service, and best value. Success at Lawrence is due to the relationships built with clients, results driven performance, and open lines of communication. The company offers an enthusiastic, passionate, value-driven, team-oriented culture.
We are looking to add a self-motivated, customer service-oriented technician to our Suffolk, VA team. Repairs will typically be performed in the field. Essential functions and accountabilities will be:
● Perform mechanic duties adhering to areas of service, quality and goals. This includes ownership for downtime and accountability for timely availability of the equipment.
● Adhere to performance and safety standards in all areas of the shop.
● Enhance service department and organization`s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Essential Job Requirements
● Previous demonstration of successful mechanic experience
● Knowledge of both gas and diesel engines
● Must be familiar with heavy equipment repair and maintenance, including OSHA regulations
● Knowledge of Construction equipment required including transmissions, engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, and electrical systems
● Experience with over the road trucks is a plus
● Must have ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics and manufacturer written service manuals
● Must be able to troubleshoot breakdowns and diagnose issues
● Strong analytical skills
● Must have strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency
● Work in extreme weather conditions
● Operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
● Communicate effectively with manager, co-workers, and clients
● Must have own tools
● 2-3 years previous experience
● Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs
● Must be able to frequently stand, stoop, crawl, bend, reach, and climb
● Basic computer skills required, advanced skills preferred
● Welding experience is a plus
● Must be able to maintain all service related documents
● Valid driver’s license required, along with the ability to obtain a CDL.
● Competitive salary
● Medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, and short term and long term disability
● 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, and employee stock ownership plan
● Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
Lawrence Companies is an EO employer: M/W/Vets/Disabled
Not what you're looking for?