Compass Equipment Inc.
Position Details & Responsibilities
An inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making/receiving dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales in industrial aggregate, recycle, or marine establishment.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure\Receives incoming sales calls and handles customer orders, including verification of credit terms and limits, clearing of credit as well as customer inquiries and complaints in an orderly and timely basis.
- Coordinates and manages all aspects of an order including sales order processing, sale order creation, inventory control and management, scheduling, credit, shipping and account collection.
- Exercise account management and ownership
- Follow-up on leads, quotes and sample requests. Contact and qualify prospective customers to develop, grow and maintain relationships. Maintain and update prospect lists that fluidly blend with the inside sales managers general lists.
- Submits monthly written updates of prospect contact and activity.
- Acts as inside back-up for outside sales on selected accounts managing aspects of an order including sales order processing, sale order creation, inventory management, scheduling, credit, shipping and account collection as needed. Keeps outside sales advised of any developments.
- Maintains close coordination and teamwork with staff concerning customer requirements.
- Maintains adequate verbal and written communication links, infrastructure, notes and backup documentation
- Must have and maintain appropriate computer software and hardware skills to perform all facets of the position.
- Excellent Customer service with proven 3-5 years of inside sales experience in an industry related business
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Energetic, self-motivated
- Excellent professional verbal, written, multi-task, prioritize, and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Experience working with Dynamics is a plus
- Strong listening, verbal, correspondence, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
Desired Work Experiences:
- Industry Specific Manufacturing knowledge: 3-5 years
- Inside Sales: 3-5 years
- Inventory Control
- Fairly heavy data entry
- Detail oriented
- Purchase order /sales order processing
- Freight coordination
- Multi facets of Computer skills, including but not only: Micro Office Suite-excel, word, power point, internet
- Verbal/written skills for purchasing and correspondence
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekend as needed
- Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
- Climb and maintain body balance on ladders,
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stoop, lay, bend or squat