Position Details & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment generally independently and outside the actual conformities of the shop.
- Reads job order and observes equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devises on equipment, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and operates repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Removes and replaces undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements.
- Maintains assigned service vehicle in areas of cleanliness, daily maintenance and inspections.
- Complies with all state and local laws while operating company vehicle.
- Other duties as directed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Person must possess a valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION, SKILL AND/OR EXPERIENCE RQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school
- 5 years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision, and color vision.
- The work environmental characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather condition, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER